The Master of Arts in instructional technology is an online degree program for individuals who wish to increase their understanding of technology’s role in teaching, learning, design, and training. This online degree is designed to prepare individuals in the state, nation, and the world to use current and emerging technologies and instructional strategies to create effective learning environments. The degree prepares individuals for positions in instructional technology, educational technology, instructional design, and training in business and industry.
Applicants to the Master of Arts in instructional technology must apply to the Graduate School for admission. To apply, connect to the Graduate School site at http://graduate.ua.edu/application/. Follow the online instructions, complete the required forms and provide appropriate transcripts.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. For the application to be processed for each semester, the application should be submitted no later than:
- July 10th for Fall admission
- November 10th for Spring admission
- April 10th for Summer admission
- Candidates for the master’s degree must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit.
- Candidates must complete a digital portfolio as a comprehensive examination
- There are 21 required hours (7 courses) and 9 elective hours (3 courses) of CAT/INTE hours; one elective course may be taken outside the INTE program from other programs/colleges at The University of Alabama, with advisor approval.
Instructional Technology, MA
|CAT 531||Computer Based Instruction||3|
|INTE 532||Instructional Tech Design (Instructional Technology Design)||3|
|INTE 533||Online Teaching and Learning (eLearning (Online Learning))||3|
|INTE 534||Issues & Trends Instruc Tech (Issues and Trends in Instructional Design)||3|
|INTE 535||INTE Assistive Technology (Adaptive and Assistive Technologies)||3|
|INTE 536||Assessment and Evaluation (Assessment and Evaluation in InStructional Technology)||3|
|INTE 589||Instruc Tech Resea & Prod Dev (Instructional Technology Research and Product Development)||3|
|Elective courses (Choose 3 from the options below):||9|
|Game-Based Learning (Game-Based Learning)|
|Special Topics in IT|
|Plan & Manage Tech Projects (Technology Project Management and Budgeting)|
|IT Leadership (IT Leadership and Administrative Technology)|
One advisor-approved course outside the INTE program