Office:  214 CDRC

Admission into the Minor

Students who choose to declare a minor must meet with an advisor in the minor department. Students should complete the Change of Major/Minor Application online under the Student tab of myBama before or during the third year of full-time enrollment.

More InformationHours
Minor Courses
HD 210Understanding Addiction3
HD 302Child Dev-Adolescence3
HD 3503
HD 445Addiction and the Family3
HHE 378 or Drugs, Society, & Human Behav3
SW 414 Chemical Dependency
Select one of the following:3
Policy Issues: Family, Crime and Addictions
Juvenile Delinquency
Abnormal Psychology
Intro Personl Finan Plan
Addict. & Dysf. in Money Mgmt
Total Hours18

Grade Point Average

A 2.0 grade point average in the minor is required for completion of the degree. The minor GPA is calculated based on all courses applicable to the minor that the student has attempted at UA and all work attempted applicable to the minor throughout the entire higher education career. Please see the Grades and Grade Points section of this catalog for an explanation on grade point average calculations.

Upper-level Residency

A minimum of six hours of 300- and 400-level courses in the minor must be earned on this campus.

Ancillary Courses

This minor does not require ancillary courses.

Additional Minor Requirements

Students are responsible for ensuring that they have met all University, College, major and minor requirements. However, each student must meet with an adviser in the major department for academic planning and to be cleared for registration each semester. College advisers are also available for additional assistance with minor, College and University requirements.