The Graduate Certificate in Measurement and Psychometrics emphasizes competencies and skills necessary to perform psychometric analyses that reflect best practices in contemporary psychometric research, theory, and practice. This 18 credit-hour certificate prepares students from various disciplines to conduct research that links latent variables (i.e., concepts that researchers cannot measure directly) to a wide variety of social, economic, educational, and health outcomes.
NOTE: This certificate is not a credential for teacher certification/licensure.
Application: Students must be formally admitted into the certificate program by program faculty in order to earn the certificate.
- Applicants will be required to submit a Statement of Purpose focusing on the goals in pursuing a Measurement certificate.
- Applicants should carry a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all graduate classes, although special circumstances may be considered.
- Applicants must successfully complete BER 540 (Statistical Methods in Education) or an equivalent with a grade of B or better prior to program application.
These requirements represent minimum standards/competencies that are required for admission consideration. Admission decisions will be determined on a case-by case basis.
See the Admission Criteria section of this catalog for more information.
1. Prerequisites: Evidence of prerequisite statistics courses comparable to BER 540 Statistical Methods In Educ, must have achieved a grade of B or better in prerequisite statistics courses.
2. Minimum Required Hours: 18
Students may substitute BER 642 Advanced Regression Methods for BER 639 Applied Regression AnalysisOther transfer credits will be approved on a case-by-case basis, but will typically not be accepted. The maximum number of credits to be transferred is 12.
Hours that Might be Used Later if Admitted to a Degree Program
ALL (18 hours and beyond, all courses are advanced doctoral level research courses).
Time Limit for Certificate Completion
Coursework must be completed within six (6) years.
Graduate School information on Time Limits.
Academic Misconduct Information
Graduate School information on Academic Misconduct.
Withdrawals and Leave of Absence
Graduate School information on Withdrawals and Leave of Absence.
Academic Grievance Information
Graduate School information on Academic Grievances.
Grades and Academic Standing
Graduate School information on Grades and Academic Standing.