The University of Alabama seeks to deliver degree programs and course offerings in every state, working through the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) where applicable, or directly with states to ensure that required approvals are secured. The state of Alabama is a member of NC-SARA and The University of Alabama is an approved NC-SARA institution. For more information about NC-SARA, please visit NC-SARA.

The University of Alabama offers degree programs and individual courses that may require approval for supervised field experiences outside of the state of Alabama. A supervised field experience is a student learning experience comprised primarily of the practical application of previously studied theories and skills, with the oversight of a supervisor, mentor, faculty member, or other qualified professional. Examples include clinical, practica, student teaching, or internships. Independent off-campus study by individual students not engaged in a supervised field experience is exempt. This requirement applies both to online programs and to main campus programs if the supervised field experience occurs outside of the state of Alabama. Prior to engaging in any supervised field experience outside of the state of Alabama, please refer to for detailed requirements.

Additionally, The University of Alabama offers degree programs that may lead to professional licensure, and licensure requirements vary from one profession to another and from state to state. If you are interested in obtaining professional licensure, please check with the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice. Additional information can be found at