A student who has been admitted to or enrolled at The University of Alabama as an undergraduate student may ask for a military leave to fulfill a U.S. military obligation. The student should notify the Office of the University Registrar of a call to military service, provide documentation, and notify this same office of intent to return to the University. If there is no dishonorable or bad conduct discharge from the military, and the cumulative length of this absence and all previous absences from undergraduate study due to military service does not exceed five years, the student will be readmitted. This is in accordance with the readmission provisions in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (Section 484C of the HEA) and implementing regulations in 34 CFR Section 668.18.