Thorough knowledge of the academic regulations and policies of the University and its academic divisions is essential for all students. Each student is expected to become familiar with The University of Alabama undergraduate catalog and to consult with the academic advisers provided by the student's division.
Each student is responsible for selecting and registering for the courses that
- are needed to maintain reasonable progress toward the desired degree,
- will satisfy all requirements for the desired degree by the time the student expects to graduate and
- conform to University regulations.
Students are expected to pursue successful completion of the courses for which they register.
Students are also responsible for the following:
- The student must maintain a current mailing address and a local residence address on file. Students may make address and phone number updates in myBama.
- The student living on campus (Greek house or residence hall) must complete the Missing Student Contact Information in myBama.
- The student must maintain his/her UA Alerts via the Student Tab in myBama.
- The student must respond promptly to all communications received from The University of Alabama.
Most importantly, the student is responsible for developing and maintaining an academic plan and monitoring his/her academic progress via DegreeWorks, a degree audit tool.