Thorough knowledge of the academic regulations and policies of the University and its academic divisions is essential for all students. Each student is expected to become familiar with The University of Alabama undergraduate catalog and to consult with the academic advisors provided by the student's division.
Each student is responsible for selecting and registering for courses that:
- are needed to maintain reasonable progress toward the desired degree,
- will satisfy all requirements for the desired degree by the time the student expects to graduate and
- conform to University regulations.
Students are expected to pursue successful completion of the courses for which they register.
Students are also responsible for the following:
- Students must maintain a current mailing address and a local residence address on file. Students may make address and phone number updates at myBama.
- Students living on campus (Greek house or residence hall) must complete the Missing Student Contact Information in myBama.
- Students must maintain their UA Alert via the Student Tab in myBama.
- Students must respond promptly to all communications received from The University of Alabama.
- Students are responsible for developing and maintaining an academic plan and monitoring his or her academic progress via DegreeWorks, a degree audit tool.