Click here to view the states from which the Capstone College of Nursing currently accepts applications for admission.
The post-master's certificate program in Nursing Case Management, which is based on the MSN program, is designed to prepare nurses to practice as case managers for rural populations. Nurses who are already prepared at the master's level for roles such as nurse practitioners, clinical specialists, or nurse administrators and who need case management knowledge and expertise to enact the case manager role can apply for the post-master's certificate program. Students in the post-master's certificate program will enroll in the existing case management courses, but they will not be required to complete the nursing core courses, such as research and theory, if they were completed in the master's program.
Admission requirements are consistent with those of the Graduate School. Applicants for the post-master's certificate in Nursing Case Management will be considered on a competitive basis. Nurses who are interested in the Post-Masters Certificate in Nursing Case Management are encouraged to contact the Capstone College of Nursing (CCN) Graduate Recruitment and Retention Liaison.
The following are requirements for admission:
- Master's degree in nursing from a regionally and CCNE or CNEA accredited graduate program in nursing or a master's degree in a health-related field with a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program.
- For regular admission, a grade point average of at least 3.0 overall (based on a 4.0 grading scale) or 3.0 for the last 60 semester hours of graduate work is required.
- For permission to continue, a grade point average of at least 2.5 overall (based on a 4.0 grading scale) for undergraduate work, and a score of at least 300* on the GRE general test OR at least in the 40th percentile on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is required.
- Current unencumbered RN licensure in the United States. Click here to view the states from which the Capstone College of Nursing currently accepts applications for admission.
- Final admission is contingent upon drug and background screen results that are deemed acceptable by appropriate officials.
Application for Certificate
Candidates must apply in writing to the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Programs in the Capstone College of Nursing one semester before completion of certificate requirements is anticipated.
Sample Program of Study
|NUR 559||Role Dev & Leadership in NCM||2|
|NUR 560||Role Dev&Lead in NCM Practicum||1|
|NUR 561||Advanced Epidemiology||3|
|NUR 563||Nurse Case Management I||3|
|NUR 564||Nurse Case Mgmt I Practicum||3|
|NUR 565||Nurse Case Management II||1|
|NUR 566||Nurse Case Mgmt II Practicum||3|
The student’s transcript and portfolio will be assessed for the following courses or proven expertise. In the absence of transcript credit or expertise evidenced via the portfolio, the below courses must be completed.
|NUR 500||Population Health||3|
|NUR 503||Nursing Informatics Healthcare||3|
|NUR 505||Advanced Health Assessment||3|
|NUR 507||Org Systems Leadership||3|
|NUR 514||Research Evid-Based Practice||3|
|NUR 519||Health Policy & Finance||3|
|NUR 521||Advanced Pharmacology||3|
|NUR 529||Advanced Pathophysiology||3|