The EdD in secondary education is primarily, but not exclusively, designed to prepare accomplished school practitioners for leadership positions in school settings. The EdD can also quality a individual for a position in higher education, especially in a teacher education program. Normally, three years of teaching experience is required for consideration into the program.
To be considered for regular admission, applicants must present a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a GRE score of 300 or higher. Three years of teaching is also required.
- major field coursework (CSE/CIE/CRD), 27 hours
- subject field coursework, 24 hours
- research coursework, 18 hours (minimum)
- foundations of professional studies, 12 hours
- dissertation research, 12 hours (minimum)
A list of courses that fulfill these requirements may be obtained from the departmental office in Graves Hall.
The Graduate Catalog is published annually. Students should obtain the most recent program requirements from their program advisors.